Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple Oatmeal Bars   

 
 
It's been a while since I shared a recipe but oh will you be so happy that I shared this one!  These are absolutely A-MAZING!
 
I've had an awful sweet tooth lately and when I saw this post from Kelly at thelilypadcottage.com,  I knew that I had to try them.  And lucky for me, I had everything on hand. 
 
 
 
Her Caramel Apple Oatmeal Bars look absolutely beautiful and you definitely need to head over to her site and check out her post.  She is a great blogger/inspiration and I am totally in love with her decorating style and house!  She is one of the many bloggers I follow!
 
As you can tell by the pictures, my Caramel Apple Oatmeal Bars didn't quite turn out exactly like hers.  Not sure exactly why but maybe it has something to do with that I may have added a few chocolate chips to make them a little ooey gooier!  Not even sure if you could classify mine as a bar....it's more like a gooey caramel apple oatmeal crisp!  Whatever we call it, it's de-lish!
 
 
Here's my version of her recipe. 
 
Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple Oatmeal Bars
 
Ingredients:
3/4 cup melted butter + 1 tbsp
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup oats (I used Quaker Old Fashion)
2 apples, diced ( I used Granny Smith)
1/4 tsp apple pie spice
1 jar caramel sauce ( I used Smuckers.  Of course you can make your own)
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (You could also use pecans, raisins.  I just didn't have either of these)
 
Apple Pie Spice:  Mix 4 tsps cinnamon, 2 tsps nutmeg, and 1 tsp allspice.
 
Instructions:
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sauté apples in 1 tbsp butter over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
  2. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp apple pie spice.  Remove from heat and add caramel sauce.
  3. While apples are cooking, mix melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, 1/8 tsp apple pie spice, and baking soda in bowl.
  4. Spread 1/2 the oatmeal mixture into an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10 minutes.
  5. Top with caramel apple mixture.  Sprinkle with sea salt and chocolate chips.
  6. Layer remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.  (My mixture was quite sticky so I used a teaspoon to dollop it on.)
  7. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.  (This may vary based on your oven.  I baked for 20 minutes)
  8. Cool slightly and Enjoy!  (Would be awesome topped with ice cream!)
They are super quick and easy to make.  And I promise you that if you make these you will not be disappointed!  They are like a small piece of heaven and I will definitely be making these again and again!
 
Here are a few more enticing pictures! 




Wish you were here to enjoy some of this Yumminess with me!  Please subscribe and your comments are always welcome!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment