Monday, September 22, 2014

Easing Into Fall Y'all......

 
Hey Friends!

How the heck are 'ya?  It feels like forever since I've blogged.  My life always gets a little crazier when my husband is home and he was home the entire month of August. I love it when he is home; however, it doesn't leave much time for crafty projects (or blogging).  Anyway, I hope to get back in the swing of things and share some fall inspiration over the next few weeks!
 
I love fall!  I love that the days are cooler (and far less humid)!  I love that the nights are crispier....perfect for bon fires, roasting marshmallows,  sweatshirts, a cup of hot coffee, and snuggling under a comfy throw.  I've been easing into fall ... making a few changes here and there with pillows, throws, and some neutral seasonal décor.  I'll be sharing some of that with you later!
 
Today, I thought I'd share with y'all what's been happening outside.  Being a true southern girl, I love incorporating mums, pumpkins, fall wreaths, and scarecrows in with a few vintage finds and diy projects.
 
 So welcome to our front porch.....
 

 The wagon has been around 10+ years....  It's seen it's better days but adds that vintage touch I always envision when decorating.   A few corn stalks tied together with twine, embellished with an orange burlap bow, and  a leaf garland makes for a great backdrop. 


 The sign was an "after the holidays" find purchased several years ago.  It just needed a little touch of burlap.  The mum was dressed with a small scarecrow pick from Wal-Mart ($.98).  A fall wreath adds another layer camouflaging the back railing of the wagon.   And the wooden pumpkins were a fun diy project that my husband and I did last year using a few scrap 2x4 sandwiched together.  (Pinterest inspired of course.) 
 
 
The rockers are dressed with chevron pillows and a nice fall afghan.  These are actually pillow covers that I made several years ago.... These are thrown on over my summer pillows so it's a thrifty option for changing things up from season to season without spending a fortune on pillows!  (The table is also a diy from several years ago...actually one of my first woodworking projects.)

 
 
 
The wreath adorning the front door is another one of those "after the season" finds embellished with a burlap bow and the diy welcome sign that I shared here.   I love it against the red door!

 

 

Moving around to back of the house (which is where everyone comes in) there is a welcoming vignette layered against the carport.
 

 
 I know my car being in the background is not that welcoming but this is exactly what you see when pulling up our drive.....  Just keeping it real!    I purchased the screen door from a local antique marketplace for $25 (originally marked $45).  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it!  It's the perfect backdrop and vintage inspiration for some more cornstalks, pumpkins, and mums.  And of course a scarecrow.  ("The Crisco's" pumpkin sign was purchased from a local fall festival many years ago but would be an easy diy project!)
 
And lastly, this is what you'll find as you enter the screen porch......
 
 
A store bought wreath embellished with a burlap bow. 
 



Another vignette  of cornstalks, mums, and wooden pumpkins.  I threw in the ladder as a rustic element.  (I'm not quite satisfied with how this all came together so I'm sure there'll be some tweaking to this little area....)
 

 I threw some neutral pillows in the rockers and added another yellow mum.
 
So there it is.....  Hope you found some inspiration to add a little fall festiveness, if you haven’t already spread it around your house.  I'll be back to share some other fall ideas and pics soon!  Be sure to subscribe! 
 
See y'all soon!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment