Monday, June 9, 2014

Apple Yumminess!
 
If you love apples and cinnamon you will love this bread!
  
 

 
Today I thought I would share an easy Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe. 
 
I typically keep a bowl of Granny Smith apples in a beautiful wooden bowl on my kitchen island.  ( The bowl is a priceless treasure given to me by my mother-in-law.) 
 

 
 
 I had several apples that were beginning to get a little soft and needed to be eaten pretty quickly.  So I turned to my favorite recipe site.... Pinterest!
 
 
 
I found several but decided to recreate a version of an apple fritter bread.  The recipe only called for one apple but because I needed to use up a FEW apples, I decided to use at least three per loaf  and make two loafs.... And, too, you can't go wrong with adding more apples to Apple Cinnamon Bread! 
 
There were two things about the Pinterest recipe that got my attention (Well, other than the fact it looked like sheer Yumminess!).  1. It called for some very basic simple ingredients that I had on hand. And  2. It was pretty easy with very few steps. 
 
So here's my version!
 
Ingredients:   (Per Loaf)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 ½  tsps vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ tsps baking powder
½ cup milk
2-3 apples (depending on size), peeled and finely chopped (any kind is fine), mixed with 1 tbsp granulated sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon 
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar and 2- 3 tbsps of milk or cream (mixed together to a drizzling consistency)
 
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).  Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. (I lined mine with parchment paper but it's not necessary.)
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
 
 
Beat granulated sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.  Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated.  Stir in vanilla extract.
Combine flour and baking powder together in a bowl; add to creamed butter mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. 
 
 
Pour half the batter into the prepared pan; add ½ the apples and brown sugar mixture.  Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.  Pour remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture.  Pat apples into batter and swirl brown sugar mixture into batter using a spoon or toothpick. 

Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 – 40 minutes. While the bread is baking, mix together glaze ingredients.  Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and drizzling with glaze.
 
 
Allow glaze to set up for a few minutes.  Cut and Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
This bread is awesome and especially yummy when served warm!  I definitely will be making it again!  It would also make a very nice gift!  (Which is exactly what I did with the second loaf!)
 
I hope you found some inspiration to try this recipe.  You won't regret it! 
 
Stop back by soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment